We love to have you come to our nail salon to get your manicure. After all that’s how we make our living and we do enjoy taking nails from shabby to glorious. It’s not always possible however for you to go to the nail salon for a manicure. You may not have time. The salon may be fully booked the day you have free. You may wish to save money because funds are tight. Whatever the reason these tips will help you achieve that salon look without going to the salon.
Here are the steps:
- Make sure to remove any old nail polish completely. You may wish to soak your nails in warm water to soften the cuticles for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Apply cuticle oil to your nails at the base of the cuticle and let it soak for another 1 to 2 minutes. Olive oil will work if you don’t have cuticle oil.
- Push back your cuticles using a cuticle pusher or an orangewood stick. You don’t want to cut them because cuticles are there to protect you from infection. Tip: You may even use a popsicle stick if you don’t wish to purchase anything special for your nails.
- Dry your nails completely.
- Cut, trim and file your nails to your desired length and style.
- Exfoliate: scrub your hands with a body scrub or make your own with sugar, lemon, vanilla drops, and olive oil. Your hands will feel and look amazing after.
- Apply your favorite hand moisturizer and let dry.
- Apply a base coat of polish carefully making sure not to paint over your fingers. Keep the base coat on the nails, but don’t drip or overflow.
- Apply your top coat twice. Do this carefully and with even motion. Let dry.
As with anything the more you do your own manicures the better you’ll get. Don’t be discouraged the first time. If you have questions on how to do it correctly, just ask next time you are in the salon. We are here to help you.